troubleshooting not working !!

Ben Smithurst ben at scientia.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 29 02:00:27 BST 2000

fasi74 wrote:

> then i got suggestion to move into single usr mode then edit the /etc/passwd
> file of boot from cdrom & go into repair mode
> so i did that but it is not working  it give me file in readonly mode

Did you mount root read/write by typing "mount /" like I told you to?

p.s.  The mailserver for flashmail.com bounced my last message to you
for some unknown reason ("the mailserver doesn't like your message" was
all it said), I suggest you find a better provider if you want your mail
to get through reliably.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben at scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D