Problems with 4.0

Neil Ford neil at binky.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 22:43:36 BST 2000

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 10:28:18PM +0100, Andrew Dennis wrote:
> Just finished installing 4.0 on a laptop and have two major problems

[snip]

> far more serious is that the parallel port ZIP drive isn't recognised. I get
> the following messages during the boot sequence:
> vpo0:<Iomega VPIO Parallel to SCSI interface> on ppbus0
> vpo0:EPP 1.9 mode
> ... a bit later ...
> vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (5)
> vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (2)
> vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (5)
> vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (2)
> vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (5)
>
> I have a feeling that i have missed something really obvious, anyone any
> ideas

Have you made a custom kernel? If so, post the contents as that may shead more
light. From what I remember from doing mine the parallel port stuff has some
dependancies, some of which you might not think you need. Might be worth
checking that.

If you haven't created a custom kernel that might be the issue. Also, give us
some details on the laptop (make and model) as that may through up something.

Neil.

--
Neil Ford
neil at ourshack.com / neil at binky.demon.co.uk