Problems with 4.0

Andrew Dennis ajdennis at terrapin-station.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 22:28:18 BST 2000

Just finished installing 4.0 on a laptop and have two major problems

xdm just doesn't seem to work, every time i enter my user name & password i
am returned straight away to the login screen, and this is using the
configuration that worked alright with 3.2

far more serious is that the parallel port ZIP drive isn't recognised. I get
the following messages during the boot sequence:
vpo0:<Iomega VPIO Parallel to SCSI interface> on ppbus0
vpo0:EPP 1.9 mode
... a bit later ...
vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (5)
vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (2)
vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (5)
vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (2)
vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (5)

I have a feeling that i have missed something really obvious, anyone any
ideas

regards
andrew dennis