Network Admin

Roger Hardiman roger at cs.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 15:12:40 BST 2000

fasi74 w

> does my being an Nt administrator help me in any way with BSD .?

Yes. you understand TCP/IP, networking, user accounts
and file permissions.

> I heard bsd users have to
> do a lots of  programing too do i have to do that as well ?

No that is not true.
You just install it and use it like you would use NT.

Many configurations are text files rather than Windows dialoge
boxes, so you will have seen people editing config files.

But no programming is needed, unless you want to read the
source code to add a new feature or to fix a problem.

Roger