A Question on the Modem setting. (Gateway machine)

Cha Seung-Hoon Cha.Seung-Hoon at astro.cf.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 08:57:06 BST 2000

Hi all;

I have some problem in setting a modem in my Gateway PC.
It is PCI 56K modem which is included in the Gateway PC generally.
There is "Unknown Device" message in the booting and dmesg output.
Is there any Gateway users in UK FreeBSD group?
I am a beginner in theFreeBSD system, so detailed advice will be
appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S.> I have also a PCI type sound card and it was successfully
installed by pcm device. I have used WIN98 and FreeBSD4.0 in one PC.

                                          Best wishes,

                                          Seung-Hoon Cha

Seung-Hoon Cha,                     Tel(Office)        : +44-2920-875999
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy,     Tel(Department)    : +44-2920-874458
Cardiff University,                 FAX(Department)    : +44-2920-874056
P.O. Box 913, Cardiff,              Mail : Cha.Seung-Hoon at astro.cf.ac.uk
CF2 3YB, Wales, UK.                                   (or ChaS at cf.ac.uk)