Date for next conference

Neil Ford neil at binky.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 20:47:33 BST 2000

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 08:13:18PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> I've had a list of possible venues back from the venue finding people.
>
> We suggested that an university venue would be good for us, the problem
> with that is the term doesn't end until quite close to christmas. How
> does the weekend of 16/17 Dec sound to people, is that too close to
> christmas or would it be ok?

That would be great for me.... I'd be back from Seattle. :-)

> I'll post various options when more is known but one that looked good to
> me from a quick glance was Warwick University. It's quite cheap from the
> perspective of organising the conference. B&B is 50/night but since
> this is Warwick I'm sure there are lots of cheaper B&Bs in the town
> itself (the quoted accomodation is in the university).

If that rate is per room, then for people sharing it's only 25/night which
isn't bad. As you say, there will be plenty of other options as well. I can't
imagine Warwick being too busy the week before Christmas.

> Is Warwick too far south?

Maybe a little too far north..... I am JOKING people, before anyone gets upset.

Thanks for putting in the leg work Paul.

Neil.

--
Neil Ford
neil at ourshack.com / neil at binky.demon.co.uk