It's not just us....

Neil Ford maillistsubs at binky.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 16:12:03 BST 2000

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 03:07:04PM +0100, Serge @ Intraforum wrote:
> Neil,
>
> I've just read the article, and it's sad .. on a brighter side of things,
> next time we meet I intend to present a fully functional LAN-to-Internet
> demo (FreeBSD and Win98 running on two portables). I would be happy to
> discuss any details with those interested in commercial FreeBSD deployment,
> on or off the list.

That sounds cool. Not sure if I'll make it to the next conference now as I'm
off to Seattle November 18 thru December 9. Hopefully the conference will be
on one of the first two weekends in November.

As I'm looking to go into consulting practice at the end of the year, having
an oppotunity to talk about this kind of stuff would be great. Maybe we need a
mini "Making FreeBSD your business" get together.

[snip]

> I quite agree with the above quote from the article (I took part in two
> LAN-to-Internet projects based on FreeBSD, and I really enjoyed learning
> more about FreeBSD in real-life situation).

I know Nik touched on this at the last conference and I have to say I agree,
for the average user Windows is really the only desktop choice, but that
doesn't mean they need NT or Netware to run a server.

Neil.

--
Neil Ford
neil at ourshack.com / neil at binky.demon.co.uk