It's not just us....

Serge @ Intraforum serge at intraforum.net
Tue Jul 25 15:07:04 BST 2000

Neil,

I've just read the article, and it's sad .. on a brighter side of things,
next time we meet I intend to present a fully functional LAN-to-Internet
demo (FreeBSD and Win98 running on two portables). I would be happy to
discuss any details with those interested in commercial FreeBSD deployment,
on or off the list.

 > If you've got a workstation in a commercial situation then you'll keep
getting forced back to Windows.
 > But that's not quite as bad as it sounds. A Windows workstation +
FreeBSD server setup is a killer
 > combination. With tools like Tera Term, VNC and Samba you can get the
benefit of both platforms and
 > still be very productive.

I quite agree with the above quote from the article (I took part in two
LAN-to-Internet projects based on FreeBSD, and I really enjoyed learning
more about FreeBSD in real-life situation).

Thanks,

Serge