Recmmendations for CDRW

Ben Smithurst ben at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 24 14:39:53 BST 2000

Christopher Raven wrote:

> I would like it to, if possible, be at least the following:
>
> EIDE interface (no SCSI card in the target boxxen)
> Write x 4
> Read x 24
> re-write x 2

acd0: CD-RW <Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 9100> at ata1-master using PIO4

works fine for me.  Cost about 180 quid, I *think* the speeds are
32/8/4, with a 4MB buffer, but I can't remember to be honest...  Check
at <http://www.hpcdwriter.com/> if that's the right URL.  I think
there's a slightly cheaper one (8100 or something, about 120 quid) which
might have high enough specs for you.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben at FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /