Mail configuration

Ben Smithurst ben at scientia.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 20:30:35 BST 2000

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

Alex wrote:

> My .fetchmailrc file worked fine for about a year, up until the last week=
. Now
> all that happens is : fetchmail fetches the mail and "destroys" it giving=
 me
> the following message: fetchmail: SMTP< 550 Access denied. I have include=
d my
> .fetchmailrc file and the output of fetchmail when run with "-v" switch.

Looks like a sendmail problem, which I can't really help you with. :-(
Other than to suggest you install Exim instead of course, which is in
the ports colection, but lets try and avoid an MTA war. :-)

Have you modified your sendmail.cf at all?  Gotta love Sendmail's
_REALLY_ helpful error message there too.  Sigh.  Check
/var/log/maillog, it might have thought it worth telling you something
more useful there.

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben at scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N