Mail configuration

Ben Smithurst ben at scientia.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 01:33:11 BST 2000

--Ev8PUyXFH55d01eb

Aleksandar Simic wrote:

> After reading a few articles on sendmail.net I experimented with
> sendmail. So my first question would be: if the permissions for
> /var/spool/mqueue/ are right ? And they are:=20
>=20
> drwx------ 2 root daemon - 512 Jul 19 00:28 mqueue/

short answer:

/var/spool/mqueue is 0755, root/daemon on my system.

longer answer:

You can check this sort of thing for yourself; check the BSD.*.dist
files in /usr/src/etc/mtree.  If you don't know the format to read it
and fix it manually, you can just run something like

	# mtree -deU -f /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.var.dist -p /var

to fix all the permissions.

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben at scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--Ev8PUyXFH55d01eb