O'Reilly at next meeting?

Neil Hoggarth njh at kernighan.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 18 22:32:25 BST 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:

> I spoke with Frank Pohlmann earlier today, one of O'Reilly's editors.
> THey have a UK presence, and would be interested in attending the next
> meeting ...
> It doesn't really fit in with the 'BSD + Windows' theme that's been
> proposed, but I don't think we should be turning people down :-)

Even if that proposed theme is adopted, I don't think that it is too much
of a stretch; O'Reilly do Windows books as well as Unix books, and have
books on tools which are very relevent to the topic (such as Samba).

I don't think that we ought not to be turning people like them down - I'd
certainly be interested to hear what they have to say.

> They *might* be interested in sponsoring part of the event, or selling
> books at a discount there.  More news later.

Sounds good to me. If we can rope them in as sponsors then I'd say they
are all the more welcome, surely? :-)

Regards,

Neil Hoggarth.