New FreeBSD's users Questions

Mark Blackman mark.blackman at dircon.net
Tue Jul 18 16:59:05 BST 2000

the following message from freebsd-hardware suggests that matcd should
be working but available under a different name. Not sure exactly
what they're saying here.

*********
Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:39:39 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde at zeta.org.au>
To:        Kristian Hansen <kristian.hansen at post.tele.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware at FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Matsushita cd-rom

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Kristian Hansen wrote:

> Does anybody here know about problems regarding the matcd driver in FreeBSD 4.0?

The driver is named "matcdc" internally.  This is apparently breaks lookups
of it by the name "matcd".  Try changing "matcdc" to "matcd" (literal quotes)
in matcd.c.

> I've done a custom kernel, grapping the matcd device line from LINT, and to the best of my knowledge the hardware parameters do match my hardware, the new kernels configures, compiles and installs as expected, except that I cannot mount the cd drive.
> I get mount_cd9660: Device not configured
>
> Any help will be apreciated.

Look at the verbose probe messages.

Bruce