More Newbies Questions

Jonathan Belson jon at dookie.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 18 08:42:19 BST 2000

Hiya

>Netscape hangs or dies regardless of platform in my experience.
>I'd say no worse and no better than the Linux version.

It's gotten to the stage where I flinch every time I close windows in
case Netscape crashes - it's seriously flaky.  Has it always been that bad?

Netscape under Solaris is great though (Sun tweaked it themselves); it's
faster, smoother and much more stable.

>Port updates depends on the maintainers. KDE is pretty popular so I'd expect
>within a couple of weeks of release. not that I'm a fan of bloatware
>like KDE. is 1.90 really broken?

I don't think it's ever crashed on me, but the FreeBSD version has
some problems with Konquerer.  I can't remember the details, the
guy who created the port posted to -stable a while back.

The source for 1.92 should be available in a couple of days.

--
C-YA
Jon

<http://www.dookie.demon.co.uk>