Help

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Mon Jul 17 23:05:09 BST 2000

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 03:21:09PM -0400, Nelson Tactuk wrote:
> I installed Apache-FP in my FreeBSD. I have this error message:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libg++.so.4" not found
>
> I tried all documentations and don't find the library. What can I do?

First question:  Did you install the frontpage extensions from the port?
If not, then that's probably your best way to getting things working.
Second to that, I would try installing from the latest package
available.

Now, the message is that a shared library can't be found.  In this case,
libg++ happens to be the old GNU C++ library, which existed before the
(relatively new) standard C++ library.  libg++ has been deprecated for
some time now and the base system no longer installs it.  It is expected
that your C++ program will be using libstdc++ instead.

My only other hint is to run "ldd" on the various frontpage components
to try and see which is missing.  This may give you some more clues as
to whether or not you can work around this particular component being
broken.  Don't try to link libstdc++ to libg++, though; they have
different interfaces.

--
Try Zope!	http://www.zope.org/