O'Reilly at next meeting?

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 17 07:25:27 BST 2000

Hi folks,

I spoke with Frank Pohlmann earlier today, one of O'Reilly's editors.
THey have a UK presence, and would be interested in attending the next
meeting, and explaining what's up and coming in their catalog, how
potential authors can get started, and so on.

It doesn't really fit in with the 'BSD + Windows' theme that's been
proposed, but I don't think we should be turning people down :-)

They *might* be interested in sponsoring part of the event, or selling
books at a discount there.  More news later.