V.Location

Helen McCall helen at dinoflagellate.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 15 12:03:40 BST 2000

  Send mail to mime at docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.

--js+/jT5SQQin5+Fm

Hello Ben,

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> I think _you_ would do well to lose the patronising attitude.  Perhaps
> you could lose your ridiculous stereotype of teenagers having nothing
> better to do than get drunk, too.  That's just Not True in many cases.

Please do not take offence. My comments were only intended to show how the
image of FreeBSD (and other systems) tends to be projected by some lists,
including this one. I am trying to draw your attention to how you are
perceived by other people. The "Beer and Curry" image is not a good one,
and puts people off. It merely creates a clique.

This users group needs a more mature and professional image if it is not
to completely alienate the more mature professionals.

Helen McCall