V.Location

Roger Hardiman roger at cs.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jul 14 16:27:38 BST 2000

Helen,

I am saddened that you think the User Group consists
of a group of mates getting drunk.

The beer and curry is far from a pissup and being sick.

I expect you meet people in a bar and
then go on for a meal. We are no different.

As for age classes. There was only 1 teenager
at Oxford. Of the 42 people, there I'd say
the average age was 35, with a mix of late
twenties thorugh to 40s and 50s

Certainly lots of parents and lots of wedding rings.

So, if you want to come along to the next
conference, you can be assured you'll be in
civilised company. You can always miss out the
evening meal if curry is not your favourite food.

If you want to come along to the next spcial,
feel free. But I doubt the format of meeting
in a pub will change. It is just too convenient
a meeting place, space, tables, free.

Roger