upgrade time

P.A.Osborne P.A.Osborne at ukc.ac.uk
Fri Jul 14 09:31:55 BST 2000

Some collective advice pls chaps and chapesses.

I have a couple of FreeBSD boxes at home running happily (as they have
for the last year or so) with 2.2.8 .

Since the 5.0 branch is slowly approaching I guess that its time
to move a machine forward,  my question is which do I go for:

3.5	as the final stable version from the 3 branch
4 	using the stable version as of say today
5 	and wait patiently for a stable version of 5 to appear

Thoughts would be appreciated,  particularly when considering
whether to wait for version 5 or to go with a more recent release
that is already here.



More information about the Ukfreebsd mailing list