2nd UK User Conference - call for papers?

David Marsh dm at viewport.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 01:08:42 BST 2000

On 13-Jul-00 Mark Ovens wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 10:48:28PM +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 09:48:33PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
>> >
>> > PDF? I can convert them if you wish.
>>
>> Can I convert them easily?  Or it a manual process?
>>

> No, you need the full Acrobat product (which I have). IIRC it can deal
> with Word files directly, but anything else you Postscript print to a
> file and convert the file.

A friend of mine (a penguin fan ;-) managed to convert a bunch of webpages
into a single downloadable PDF file (for easier offline reference), using a
combination of Tidy, html2ps, and PStill (a PS to PDF converter), and I was
jolly impressed with the all-round grooviness (and free-ness) of the
process..

PStill is available for FreeBSD (and is free for private non-commercial and
educational use). I keep meaning to check it out, but the page is:

http://www.this.net/~frank/pstill.html

--
David Marsh,drmarsh at bigfoot.com | http://www.viewport.co.uk/          |
Glasgow, Scotland.              | If urgent, phone: +44 7980 241981   |