2nd UK User Conference - call for papers?

Rich Wood rich at dynamite.org
Fri Jul 14 00:11:09 BST 2000

On 13 Jul 2000, at 22:33, Paul Civati wrote:

> > I have to confess that I just haven't sussed out how Gnome actually
> > 'works' yet!
>
> Be sure to less us know if you ever meet someone who does!

Well I installed Gnome, and rapidly pkg_delete'd it.

Despite installing one of the two Gnome-compliant wm's (sawfish), it
repeatedly complained that it couldn't find a compliant wm even when
pointed at sawfish. I installed Enlightenment and had even more fun
(minimised apps would just dissapear completely).

I gave up and installed KDE in the end.

Rich
--
rich at dynamite.org                 rich at FreeBSD.org.uk
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane