2nd UK User Conference - call for papers?

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Thu Jul 13 18:02:33 BST 2000

> I've read about CVSup and CTM, but I don't know if these are really viable
> options over a modem (thoughts of downloading hundreds of megabytes of
> stuff, when I only have 35 hours of 'free' internet time, and flatmates who
> want to use the phone ;-)

cvsup'ing the cvs repository usually takes 10 minutes or less per
night.  This changes when a tag is laid down, but is quite handleable
- especially if you do it via a cron job at night.

The big thing is actually getting around to sitting down and setting
it up (it took me months to pluck up the courage the first time).