2nd UK User Conference - call for papers?

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Thu Jul 13 13:58:54 BST 2000

> Brian Somers wrote:

> > > hehehehe - sorry.

> > > IE for Solaris only runs on a sparc - I imagine that MS dont particularly
> > > want to promote the Intel Solaris cant think why.
> >
> > I tried to run the Solaris ie using a XFree86-4/FreeBSD-current
> > display.  It said
> >
> >   Abort
> >
> > So I did.
> >
> > [shaking my head wondering why I'm surprised]
> >

> You tried to run the Sparc binary on FreeBSD?
>
> I'm shaking my head wondering what it was you were drinking last night
> :-)

Nope, only the display was XFree86-4/FreeBSD-current.  The program
worked ok when I ran it on the Solaris boxes display.

It's funny, when I wrote my last message, I reworded that sentence
several times before finally pressing send, and still managed to make
it ambiguous !!!!  Ah well !