Venue location

jimsinn007 jimsinn007 at netscapeonline.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 12:05:52 BST 2000

There are many people in this group who are neither funded
students or waged.
They are still members of this group, as such they should
not be steam rollered in to missing meetings..
Lets hold on to our horses for a few moments and think about
this ............

INPUT IS NEEDED FROM ALL MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP NOT JUST A
FEW WHO CAN AFFORD TO ATTEND MEETINGS.
IS THAT NOT THE PHILOSOPHY BEHIND FREEBSD AFTER ALL
PERHAPS I HAVE UNDERSTOOD INCORECTLY THE REASON I FOLLOW
THIS LIST.

Meetings need to be attended by the masses not just the
lucky few, I do not have the answer to the problem of
location and mass attendance as such but I do know without
such a king pin to revolve around this group will need to
change ....... what came first the group or the meeting?
I would have liked to attend the meeting in oxford like many
others , and respect the work put in to the organisation of
it by several people but the simple fact was in my case I
had no money...... Im sure Im not the only person to suffer
from this disability either.
So please , anyone else with views on this point speak up.
Regards
Tony Watson ..Newcastle.