2nd UK User Conference - venue thread

Neil Ford neil at binky.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 21:21:48 BST 2000

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 01:10:17PM +0100, Roger Hardiman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the Oxford meet some of us (Ben,Brian,Sue,me) thought
> about doing another meeting in November.
>
> Neil has taken the lead on the conference content.
>
> I wanted to ask about the location.
>

> We thought about
>   Birmingham.
>   Manchester
>   London
>   Oxford again.

[snip]

> What do people prefer.

Even though We live south of London (Brighton would make a cool venue ;-) ), I
would vote for Birmingham for all the reasons stated. As long as you pick a
weekend there isn't something on at the NEC or ICC you should be able to get
a good deal out of a venue. November unfortunately is term time so that rules
out university facilities.

Of the list I think only London is a non starter.

Neil.

--
Neil Ford
neil at ourshack.com / neil at binky.demon.co.uk