2nd UK User Conference - call for papers?

Jose Marques noway at nohow.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 22:04:17 BST 2000

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Tim Chown wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Jose Marques wrote:
>
> > If the talk could cover using IPSec with FreeBSD as well that would be
> > great.
>
> What, outside the US of A? ;-)

Not really a problem any more.  The US government has relaxed its policy
on crypto code so FreeBSD can now include the crypto sources as part of
its normal source distribution.  If you use CVSsup then the stuff that
used to be in "cvs-crypto" is now in "src-all".  I've been playing with
IPSec between my laptop at home and my desktop PC at work all built with
sources updated from a UK CVSup server.  I think the only remaining issue
is the RSA patent (in the US).  You can even get 128-bit versions of
Netscape direct from Netscape now (so Fortify is no longer required).

--
Jose Marques