The Oxford meeting - a report

Tom Hukins tom at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 11 22:18:32 BST 2000

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 11:58:44PM +0100, Ben Smithurst wrote:
> One nice thing for me was being able to put a face to so many of the
> names, especially the 6 committers who were there (Nik, Nick, Brian,
> Joe, Roger, Paul).  Also nice in that there were 9 committers at the
> start and 11 by the end. :-)

As a UK-based (Milton Keynes) committer who didn't attend, and who
hasn't been able to do as much as I'd like for FreeBSD recently, I'd
like to pass on my apologies for not attending, and my
congratulations to those who have made such as positive move for
FreeBSD in the UK.

Unfortunately, I spent most of the weekend asleep as my work has
been very demanding lately.  If anyone knows any good
Perl/Unix/database programmers, please point them towards
http://www.spira.co.uk/ so I can put more time back into FreeBSD.
:-)

I'm pleased we now have two more UK committers, and I hope to meet
up with you all soon.  I've spoken to Joe and Paul on the phone in
recent months, but I'd really like to meet up with you all soon.

Tom