Warnings from Netscape

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Thu Jul 6 23:32:47 BST 2000

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 06:03:07PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 01:27:49PM +0100, Richard Smith wrote:
> > Martin Hopkins wrote:
> > > I get the same running Linux Communicator 4.7 on 3.4-RELEASE+PAO.
> > > Possibly more interesting... I see the same running communicator 4.7 on
> > > Irix6.4.
> >
> > I suspect its endemic of all the unix varieties, and has been for some
> > time. Roll on a decent replacement from mozilla.org
>
> Good point, I currently have M15 and that works OK at bt.com except
> that if I try to log in there (to view my bill for instance) it fails
> because a "security module" can't be found.

You need to download an add-on - from iplanet (part of the sun/netscape
alliance).  I'm not sure if source is available, you may have to
download a linux binary and retro-fit it somehow.  I must say, I didn't
bother, I'm just hoping that somebody will do crypto hooks with OpenSSL
for mozilla soon, especially now that openssl is in the base system.

Look at http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/psm/psm-mozilla/index.html
for more details.  I must get around to submitting my M16 port...

--
Try Zope!	http://www.zope.org/