Warnings from Netscape

Richard Smith rdls at rdls.net
Thu Jul 6 12:25:55 BST 2000

Mark Ovens wrote:

> Can anyone using Netscape (I'm using the Linux version 4.72) visit
> http://www.bt.com and see if you gets lots of warnings pop-up:
>
>          Netscape: subprocess diagnostics (stdout/stderr)
>
>          Warning:
>            Name: vscoll
>            Class: XmScrollBar
>            The scrollbar minimum value is greater than or equal to
>            the scrollbar maximum value

I get exactly the same from bt.com and a number of other sites. I also
get frequent meltdown with recurring "subprocess diagnostics" messages.
Javascript links that look like "OpenWin()" that do nothing. Frequent
"exited on signal 10 (core dumped)" particularly with mail. And 100% CPU
hangs requiring a kill -9. I upgraded to 4.73 recently, but it's no
different.

Richard.