Oxford - Accommodation/travel thread

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jul 4 09:32:58 BST 2000

Ben Smithurst <ben at scientia.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Roger Hardiman wrote:
> >
> > I'm staying Friday night and Saturday night. I arrive on Friday at
> > 22:30 so I'd be looking for somewhere near to the station or a
> > short taxi ride away.
>
> Have you found anywhere yet?  That sort of thing would be good for me
> too, but I might only need Saturday night.  It depends if I take the
> quite insane option of getting a train at 5:17 in the morning or not.
> (I need a laptop, otherwise I'll be reduced to playing Snake on my
> mobile phone for three hours on that train. :-)

I'm just coming up from London, so I intend to take the bus. Although
I'm usually a train bigot, the bus service to Oxford is actually
excellent and has the advantage of continuing all night, so combined
with LT's night buses I'll be able to get home on Saturday night
without clock-watching :-)

Tony.
f.a.n.finch    fanf at covalent.net    dot at dotat.at
457 honey wagon hayride