getting FreeBSD-related jobs

Ben Smithurst ben at scientia.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 2 22:12:13 BST 2000

--dZJOqldIUwtPuZvk

Brian Somers wrote:

>> One problem is that most jobs seem to require experience which seems to
>> put you in a bit of a catch-22.  (The only real experience I have is
>> fiddling about with FreeBSD at home for a couple of years, which doesn't
>> really count.)
>=20
> Heh, that counts *a lot* in my book !

well that's something...

> Try to make it to the Oxford conference and we should be able to=20
> discuss some possibilities :-)

Hmm, I guess I could try and get there, but I'm leaving it a bit
late for the registrations...  Is anyone going there from or through
Sheffield who I could scrounge a lift off?  I can pay a bit for petrol
etc, it would probably be cheaper than the train.  And then there's
accomodation to sort out, I guess I'll start re-reading all the threads
on the subject...

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben at scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--dZJOqldIUwtPuZvk