Apache 1.3.6 / PHP3

Guy Harper gharper at namco.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 10:22:22 GMT 2000

Ok,, i have some success with this procedure...

# pkg_delete apache-1.3.9

I assume that the pkg_delete should be applied to apache13-php3 ?? Otherwise, it
tells me that apache13-php3-1.3.6 is already installed..... So i deleted that
package.

#make install

This now runs (apparently) succesfully.....

However.... I have no httpd binary!

(FYI - the httpd daemon was running throughout the installation...)

Any ideas?

Thanks,.

Guy

OK, the way the FreeBSD ports PHP works, it compiles PHP into the apache
binary statically.  To get it working, you need to:

# cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-php3
# make
# cp /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf /some/where/safe
# pkg_delete apache-1.3.9
# make install

You now have to manually merge the /some/where/safe/httpd.conf and the
new /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf.  If you run Emacs or Xemacs, then
try using the M-x ediff command, its very good for that sort of thing.