ISDN TA recommendations

Josef Karthauser joe at pavilion.net
Wed Jan 26 23:22:45 GMT 2000

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 11:13:49PM +0000, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> Well, if you don't fancy opening up your PC (I'm in lazy mode at the
> moment :), then I don't think the Ascend pipeline 50's are much more
> expensive than some of the options that other people have mentioned.
> I've use them quite extensively at work for a branch network and they're
> pretty good.  I've had uptimes of >1yr.  Because they're an ISDN router
> that plugs into your ethernet (you don't have ethernet?  Aacck!) they're
> pretty nippy too.

Pipes are pretty good; we've been using them on customer sites for years.
If you get a Pipe75 you even get a couple of POTS ports (plain old telephone
system) so you can plug a modem and/or a phone in for free :)

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)