ISDN TA recommendations

Josef Karthauser joe at pavilion.net
Wed Jan 26 20:20:26 GMT 2000

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 03:46:18PM -0000, Wood, Richard wrote:
> [...]

We exclusively use the Teles card (and gave one to Brian for ppp
support ;).  It's not a T/A though.  Almost any T/A should work
fine with FreeBSD, although you'll need to pick one that does the
rate adaption protocol for the ISP that you're going to connect
to.  Most ISPs support V.120 (Ascend kit does this), but some may
only support the V.110 adaption type.  A good T/A to buy would be
one that supports both, like the BT Ignition (a rebadged Motorola
Bit-Surfer)

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)