Setting the time on a dial-up

Josef Karthauser joe at pavilion.net
Thu Jan 20 21:47:51 GMT 2000

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 07:10:27PM +0000, Richard Smith wrote:
> Nik Clayton wrote:
> >
> > Any pointers?  xntpd and ntpdate don't seem to be written with this in
> > mind.
>
> Sorry can't help, but I have the same problem here, and would like a
> solution also.
>
> IIRC the fundamental problem is that both programs need to _own_ the
> same (UDP?) port. So they will not live together on the same machine :-(

I thought that ntpd v4 (maybe that's only in -current) behaves much
better in a 'dialup' environment.  It may be possible to use ntpd to
update the time in both modes.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)