FreeBSD 3.0 and Sendmail problem (I think!)

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 17:32:26 GMT 2000

Simon Clayton wrote:

> The problem I have is that any mail sent by my
> server to me arrives with fetchmail as :-

> Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:01:18 GMT
> To: <my user>
> Subject: whatever
> From: <user at website.com>
>
> And subsequently gets rejected as not coming from
> a valid source.
>
> Has anyone got any idea how to fix this problem?

You probably need to do something like this in your .fetchmailrc

defaults localdomain mylocaldomain.co.uk

poll mailserver at somewhere protocol pop3 username "pop3accountname"
password "password" is "localname" here smptaddress mylocaldomain.co.uk

I'm not sure that's totally correct off the top of my head but it should
give you enough of an idea to fill in the gaps from the man page.
Replace 'is "localname"' with 'is *' if you use multidrop.

Paul Richards
FreeBSD Services Ltd