4.1 Release and Parallel Zip problem

Ogi ogi at onebox.com
Wed Dec 6 19:36:20 GMT 2000

Hi,

I know this topic was discussed many times but I still
have problems making a parallel zip drive work. I am fairly
new to bsd and I am probably doing something wrong. I am running
4.1 Release and I don't have any scsi devices nor a scsi card.

Here is my kernel config:
device		scbus		# SCSI bus (required)
device		da		# Direct Access (disks)
device		ppc0	at isa? irq 7
device		ppbus		# Parallel port bus (required)
device		ppi		# Parallel port interface device
device		vpo		# Requires scbus and da

Then I've tried this:
device		ppc0	at isa? irq 7
device		ppbus		# Parallel port bus (required)
device		ppi		# Parallel port interface device
device 		scbus0
device 		da0 		at scbus0 target 0 unit 0
device 		vpo0 		at ppbus?

dmesg for both cases looks like this:

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
vpo0: <Iomega Matchmaker Parallel to SCSI interface> on ppbus0
imm0: EPP 1.9 mode
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (5)
vpo0: VP0 error/timeout (2)