Soundcards & FreeBSD

James Diss james at reftech.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 10:43:41 GMT 2000

I'm completely new to *nix in general and my experiences with FreeBSD
generally have been positive, but I'm currently confused as to how to set up
the kernel to utilise a soundcard (or two).  I've just built and installed
my first custom kernel, but the sound options are dizzying.

At the moment my main box contains an SB16 Value, and while I understand
that I'm going to need the ports, IRQs and DMAs, I'm a little stuck as to
what drivers/devices I'm going to need in the kernel.  The Complete FreeBSD
is a little vague and conflicts slightly with man pages.

Any helping hands gratefully received.

James