Any Sendmail guru's?

Kirill Ponomarew kirill at tro.de
Sun Aug 27 12:38:36 BST 2000

Hi
did you use your .mc file ?
If you want to change your domain name - try MASQUERADE feature
add the following line in your .mc file
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(domain's_name_you_want)
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')
rebuild .mc file with m4
m4 sendmail.cf< sendmail.mc

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Dan Cuthbert wrote:

|Hi
|anyone out there fantastic with sendmail?
|i have setup sendmail 8.11, configured it as said in the howto, yet
|when i send a mail it uses the hostname and domain name of my box, not
|the mailaddress (afx.org.uk)
|this is what i changed as per instructed...
|
|# my official domain name
|# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your
|domain
|#Djafx.org.uk
|# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
|DSrelay.clara.net
|
|# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
|DMafx.org.uk
|
|hmm this has me stumped!
|
|Cheers for any help!
|
|Dan

- --
Kirill Ponomarew
Tro New Media GmbH
Zimmerstr. 19
40215 Duesseldorf
Deutschland

Fon: +49 211 / 31 16 55-24
Fax: +49 211 / 31 16 55-33
Mobile: +49 173 / 43-5555-4
Mail: kirill at tro.de

"That vulnerability is completely theoretical."

Microsoft