Date for next conference

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 26 13:46:11 BST 2000

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 09:28:08PM +0100, John O'Farrell wrote:
> I think it is an excellent reason. As the first of what is almost
> certainly going to be an annual event build on the a consistent name
> that works around the globe. In the US BSDCon in Europe BSDCon Europe
> etc. BSDi and FreeBSD it's all BSD, see it at BSDCon! Now that's
> something the press and advertisers can work with, building brand
> awareness.

My thoughts exactly. This is the reason why putting the location in
full at the end, i.e. BSDCon Europe rather than Euro BSDCon or
similar, is because that format would work anywhere, BSDCon Japan,
BSDCon Asia, BSDCon Russia, etc. whereas prepending the location
wouldn't work so well since not everywhere has a convenient
abbreviation like Europe has.

--
		4.4 - The number of the Beastie
51.44°N  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve http://www.freebsd.org