Server hardware

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Mon Aug 21 10:11:24 BST 2000

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:02:23 -0400, Goddard, David said:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm looking to put together a not-overly-high-spec rackmount system running
>  FreeBSD which is to be co-located.  Apart from building one myself, I've
>  also been looking at the VA Linux hardware - does anyone have any experience
>  of running FreeBSD on any of their stuff (or can you suggest any other good
>  value prebuilt 1 or 2U rackmount units?)

I would take a look at Digital Networks (www.dnuk.com). Never actually done
business with them but they seemed nice enough people at Linux Expo and they
will provide their machines with FreeBSD pre-installed.

They are UK based (in Manchester) so that means payment in £'s and less
shipping worries.

Their website does interactive pricing so you can change options and see what
it's going to cost you.

Apart from them, like Ben said BSDi are probably your best bet but I don't
think they have a UK supply presence yet. I'm sure Nik will correct me if I'm
worng.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford