Polling the community

Roger Hardiman roger at cs.strath.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 13:01:04 BST 2000

Nik

> Every now and then BSDi are going to want to know how
> the wider user community perceives things.

> eg can they can get hardware from BSDi

With my University Staff hat on, 50/50. I need to buy cheap
hardware so BSDi beanded may be too expensive.
But then I build machines myself.

If I was in the habbit of buying Dell machines like
the rest of my department, I would buy BSDi instead.

However when it comes to expansion cards, like
Modems, SCSI cards, RAID cards, etc, getting them from BSDi
with a "Works on FreeBSD" sticker would be worth a little
extra.

> 'Community advisory board' (or whatever)

I think that is a good idea.
Infact, rather than set up a new mailing list, I would
expect posting to this, the UK User Group pages would be
ok.

Roger