Polling the community

Nik Clayton nik at bsdi.com
Thu Aug 17 16:38:50 BST 2000

Hi guys,

Every now and then BSDi are going to want to know how the wider user
community perceives things.  For example, how useful do people think
it is that they can get hardware from BSDi as well as the software to
run on it, that sort of thing.

I'm (rightfully) very wary of doing anything like that straight to the
mailing list -- I despise spam as much as the next man.  Of course, I
could be being hypersensitive, so I'd like to know what other people
think.  And as an alternative, would people participate in a hypothetical
'Community advisory board' (or whatever) which would probably just be a
mailing list of interested users that BSDi could ask questions of
occasionally.

Naturally, the irony of this isn't lost on me.

Marketing Director, BSDi EMEASA      Royal Albert House, Sheet Street
                                     Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1BE
                                     T: +44 1753 705 102 F: +44 1753 705 108