Apache as Proxy Server

Tony Balazs tony at rothstein.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 16:21:11 BST 2000

Am I right in thinking that under 4.0 stable, Apache 1.3.11 will have installed with the
Proxy Server module enabled?  (The relevant files do seem to be there).  I'm asking
because the Complete FreeBSD does state that the module has to be added manually.

The problem I'm having is that when trying to access the Internet from either the local
machine or a remote machine (both via Apache) I'm getting an Apache error stating that
I don't have permission to access the url, whereas dialling up directly without going via
Apache works fine.

I don't know what the error is indicative of; I have had either "all" or the specific
IP address of the remote machine allowed in Apache, to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Tony.