Aye up...

Ben H bro_evil at subdimension.com
Thu Aug 17 00:49:16 BST 2000

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 08:20:58PM +0100, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> > Huh, are you 2 Bens talking about the same thing here? Since when does
> > a multi-way mains adaptor need to be Linux (or even Windows)
> > compatible. Is one of you referring to 8-way serial-port boards?
>
> No, I think Ben just changed the subject abruptly half way through his
> mail, trying to confuse you. :-)

very possibly, i'm (regretably) not a very good communicator.. (or speller..)

> It confused me at first too.  I think
> he's talking about a modem in the second half.

indeedly!

> But I should probably point out <http://linmodems.org/>.  I haven't
> looked at it much, though it's possible the modem he's bought would work
> with Linux but not with *BSD.

where would i submit the fact my modem (bought cheap from
<http://www.redstore.com/>) works fine with FreeBSD (in non-PnP mode) first
time and is internal and not a Sin-Modem...

--
Ben,                                       <bro_evil(at)subdimension(dot)com>
"Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons is better than doing