Newbie: Setting up PPP in 4.0 stable

Brian Somers brian at Awfulhak.org
Wed Aug 16 17:28:10 BST 2000

Hi,

Personally, I use stock sendmail to send/receive mail and my wife
uses outlook from a windows box.  There are many on this list that
would argue that sendmail isn't a good choice due to its complexity,
so you may also want to take a look at postfix (seems to be the
favourite).

My config looks like this:

VERSIONID(`$RCSfile: gate.mc,v $ $Revision: 1.12 $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(promiscuous_relay)dnl
define(`confQUEUE_FACTOR',1)dnl
define(`confDELIVERY_MODE', `deferred')dnl
Cwgate.lan.Awfulhak.org
Cwlan.Awfulhak.org
CwAwfulhak.org
Cwmx.Awfulhak.org
Cwstorm.Awfulhak.org
Cwftp.Awfulhak.org
define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN',`10d')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN',`30d')dnl
define(`confFORWARD_PATH', `/var/forward/$u:$z/.forward')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`Awfulhak.org')dnl
DmAwfulhak.org
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`Awfulhak.org')dnl
SLocal_check_mail
R$*             $#OK            Everything's ok - I can't necessarily resolve !
LOCAL_RULE_1
R$*<@$*$m.>     $: $1<@$m.>     # `Something from us (with capital "A")'

Hope this helps.