Aye up...

Ben Smithurst ben at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 14 20:20:58 BST 2000

Mark Ovens wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 06:50:42PM +0000, Ben H wrote:
>
>> erm, i already have a few multi-plugs, the strange white cube ones, and few
>> power cables going into the same plug, so it's getting sketchy as it is...
>>
>> i bought one today anyway, and it is apparently [linux] compatable so if it
>
> Huh, are you 2 Bens talking about the same thing here? Since when does
> a multi-way mains adaptor need to be Linux (or even Windows)
> compatible. Is one of you referring to 8-way serial-port boards?

No, I think Ben just changed the subject abruptly half way through his
mail, trying to confuse you. :-) It confused me at first too.  I think
he's talking about a modem in the second half.

But I should probably point out <http://linmodems.org/>.  I haven't
looked at it much, though it's possible the modem he's bought would work
with Linux but not with *BSD.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben at FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /