recommend CD-R

Paul.Newman at pgen.com Paul.Newman at pgen.com
Mon Aug 14 08:55:03 BST 2000

Thanks all for the help.

Paul

ben at freebsd.org on 12/08/2000 20:07:12

To:   lee at uk.freebsd.org
cc:   Paul Newman, freebsd-users at uk.freebsd.org

Subject:  Re: recommend CD-R

Lee Johnston wrote:

> Hi Paul, I think your best bet is going for a SCSI CD-R, IDE drives are
> (or were when I last looked) lacking support under FreeBSD.

Nope, my IDE CD-RW works fine.

acd0: CD-RW <Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 9100> at ata1-master using PIO4

Cost about 180 quid, which might be too much since Paul said "cheap"
though.  IIRC there was a cheaper model at about 120 quid though, and
the prices may have come down anyway.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben at FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /

by those to whom it is addressed.

confirmation.

+44 (0)24 76 424000