[Ports Question] Samba 2.0.7

Guy Harper medicated at phreaker.net
Thu Aug 10 23:21:50 BST 2000

--------------30A1503D87414DA4605C25EF

Ben Smithurst wrote:

>Your /usr/ports/Mk directory is probably out of date.  Update it somehow
>(cvsupping the ports-base collection is probably easiest).  There were
>some changes, with various variables removed and new ones added (notably
>PORTNAME and PORTVERSION), which could probably cause the sort of
>problems you're seeing.

Ok... I have updated the entire ports tree, and am now experiencing the error
as described in the attached text.

Searching the mail archives reveals several instances of the same issue, and
the usual advice is 'upgrade your ports!'.

I installed the very same updated ports tree onto another box at work, and
have installed samba with no problems..... HELP!!

Cheers,

Guy.

--------------30A1503D87414DA4605C25EF

Script started on Thu Aug 10 21:25:01 2000
bash-2.03# make
===>  Extracting for samba-2.0.7
>> Checksum OK for samba-2.0.7.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for samba-2.0.7
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for samba-2.0.7
1 out of 3 hunks failed--saving rejects to ../docs/manpages/smb.conf.5.rej
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.