custom errors !

Wood, Richard rich at ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk
Tue Aug 8 09:57:41 BST 2000

IIRC you will get this if you enable DMA on drives/controllers which don't
support it fully. I get exactly the same if I enable DMA on my P200 box
which has two drives on channel0 and a CD on channel1.

Comment out the ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA entry in your kernel config file. The
full entry is below.

[rich at india /sys/i386/conf]grep DMA INDIA
options         ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA    #Enable DMA on ATAPI devices
[rich at india /sys/i386/conf]

Rich
--
Rich Wood, Systems Manager, Royal United Hospital, Bath
rich at ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk